Friday, January 25, 2013

Fun Fact Friday: Life cycle of a shower curtain



The first thing you need to know is how do folks buy a shower curtain?  
I've learned it’s color, then pattern, followed by price.

In the coming weeks we will look at all the steps needed to get a shower curtain from concept to the store shelf.

This week we look at color.
The first step is to look around.  I subscribe to a  number of on-line trade newsletter and publications like Better Homes & Gardens and Country Living for example.  I look to see what’s happening in paint and other finishes in the bath.   

a rug I saw on Pinterest
I find that observing the world around me is a great inspiration in itself.  


I like department stores jewelry counter as well as Home stores for rugs, pottery, glass, and wall art.  Greeting cards and craft paper too. 
from my Pinterest "pins"







Pinterest is a new way for me to collect color inspirations (take a look at my pins when you have a minute).  http://pinterest.com/monikamstyle/
 
Last, but certainly not least, I look to my customers, who share their hits and misses in their own stores…and then, as they say, I take it all from there.

See you next week!
Monika

No comments:

Post a Comment