Friday, January 11, 2013

Fun Fact Friday - Emerald Green




Okay, so Pantone has recently announced that Emerald (green) is their top color pick for 2013. 

What does that mean??

To me:
The Foundry 1-11-2013
I LOVE green!  It’s my favorite color!!   

I’m not planning to run out and re-do my living room, or any other room for that matter, in this color.   
I may consider it as an accent color, but only if it were part of an item 
I love.  



m.style Medallions

To m.style:
The color green is a very "bath friendly" color and I use it frequently.  I have variations of emerald in my current shower curtain line.  

Here are some examples you can find on-line today.  

As I am developing new patterns for 2013, I won't be searching out emerald as a color, but rather, I will embrace it when its part of a pattern I love and feel passionate about. 




m.style Ottoman Blossom




To what will you see:
Let us not forget that Emerald green is a very close cousin to Forest green (you remember the late 80’s) and too much of it could make your home look dated quickly.

You'll  see it featured in store windows, magazine spreads, and the like.  I think you’ll see the color in its original intensity and in variations.  







In short…I’ll visit the Emerald city, I just don’t want to live there.




No comments:

Post a Comment