Thursday, December 20, 2012

Bacon (need I say more)


In my 47 years on this earth, I have yet to find a single food that can rival it. 
So indisputably delicious. 
It should be its own food group and we should need to eat it daily! 

 

2 weeks ago up at the cabin I prepared my traditional weekend breakfast of bacon & eggs.  I fried up a full pound of Oscars thick sliced bacon for the family.    

At the conclusion of breakfast, the boys asked if there was any left.  My reply, sadly, was no.  They went on the explain that they just needed one more small piece to make their "tummies happy".  


I swear, it’s like a drug, you always want just one more piece.  Oscar’s Smoke House in Warrensburg NY. (www.oscarsadksmokehouse.com) may have the best bacon I’ve had the pleasure of frying up. 

 

I’ve been trying to eat healthier (who isn’t??), and to make my 3 egg white omelet taste a little more like real food, I sprinkle in generous pinch of Hormel Real Crumbled Bacon. At only 25 calories per tablespoon, it’s a LOT of flavor, for not a lot of calories (or points if you’re in to that).


I also add it to a host of other dishes like soups, stews, and pasta sauces to add a burst of salty smokey flavor.

 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really good! We agree that bacon is something that should be enjoyed at least once per week. We'll have to try Oscar's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I had a salted caramel chocolate with bacon. It was delicious! Seemed so wrong but it was sooooo right. Bacon truly does make everything better!

    ReplyDelete