Thursday, January 24, 2013

my living room, or the home for wayward home furnishings

Okay, so what do you get when you love furniture/decorative accessories and have worked for some of the best sample sale companies on earth (Williams-Sonoma and Bed Bath & Beyond),.

You have STUFF.  Really great stuff, but stuff none the less.

The beautiful leather sofa and love seat we found on Craig's List got a face lift and went up to  the cabin (pics to follow soon).  Leaving behind the over scale coffee table and the more than slightly blemished side tables that came with the set.  The furniture from the family room (aka basement) came up so we had a place to sit.  Then add in the baskets for boys toys, an old and ever so comfy chair, my prized Chinese Rosewood secretary desk, my husband’s grandfathers writing desk..and I’m out of room and frankly, it's not the look I was going for.  Then there's the 1990's Tuscan gold paint and half complete bead board celling (started shortly after Noah was born (he's 4 now). 

So, I broke down this week and asked for help!

Some months ago I was looking though Rockland Magazine and saw this info/commercial for a local interior designer, but with a twist. She is a Decorator for a day.  No long commitment and potentially hefty bills to get the help I really need.  I want the room to look and feel like me and the “boys”.  What I need is a fresh pair of eyes for my little and very awkward living room. 

I’ll let you know how the consultation goes next week.

working your way around the room, this is the front door and front of the house
good shot of my prized desk...maybe a little too big for the space?

This is the main living space and where we watch TV.



No comments:

Post a Comment